50's style bedroom decorating ideas

50's style bedroom decorating ideas

hey guys oh, hey guys it's hannah and welcome to or welcome back to my channel so as you can tell by the title i am finally doing a room tour i've been working on my room for about two to three years and i put off filming this video for the longest time because i said no my room's not perfect... well my room's never really gonna be perfect because i'm always gonna want to keep adding stuff to it anyways i thought i would just film it and get the room tour up for you guys because it's been requested for a while and i've been wanting to do this for a while. never done the room tour before and i love watching room tours obviously i spend a lot of time in my room, its my happy place, so yeah, let's just jump right into it i guess


i guess we'll start over by the door so i actually live in the basement my rooms in the basement my bathrooms like right outside of this door this was the guest room when we moved in here and the walls were yellow then i painted them pink and then i painted them light gray so the walls are light gray and you can tell like obviously i painted it myself there's this like little paint smudges on the ceiling so yeah the walls are light gray and when you walk in see my bed this white bedspread cover is from urban outfitters yes urban outfitters the one i had before this was ruffley kind of like this because these are the pillowcases for it that was from pbteen


pb teen and urban have pretty good apartment bedroom stuff. i've had this one for like two months it's been pretty good so far the only thing obviously you have to be careful with is that white bed spreads get stained really easily so i don't like to eat in my room um and i try not to let my dog in my room because she has black fur and she sheds a lot so that's kind of the downfall of it this fluffy pillow is from target and then these pillows i wasn't sure actually really still don't like them too much, but i got this from urban outfitters they're unique they're different and then like i said before this is from pbteen and then these are just normal pillow sheets


covers. a alright and then my headboard. this is a wooden headboard, as you can, tell it's very rustic. that's how i wanted it i saw something like this on pinterest and i started googling headboards and wooden headboards, but they were all pretty expensive, so i had this one handmade. i really love my headboard yeah, like i said, i got the inspiration for this on pinterest. i had like a room inspiration board on pinterest if you want to follow that the main theme i have is like, wood, gold, white, and... i don't... leaves! and like plants


okay, i kind of pinned the battery case to my headboard, so these lights i got from target they're just simple fairy lights those are super nice to turn on at night. i literally just keep these on sometimes all night these are really pretty and magical.. and then this i actually came up with this on the spot i knew i wanted something vine like over my bed, and there's just like a big space right here so i went to jo-ann fabrics which is like a craft store so basically you could go to any craft store it and i bought these big vines i got this rope and then i cut these. i don't know you would call this... it's just a little display of vines


so as for my nightstand um... not entirely sure where this is from i think it's from target. my sister got me this polaroid for christmas and then this is just a mason jar that i like to put extra change in and then i bought this little plant thing for like 2 bucks at target, and then i also got this lovely lamp from target it's got gold and glass and it's white and it's pretty. inside my drawers, i have so many journals i have 1 2 3 4 5 journals, and i have like extra polaroids that i'm about to put up i'll show you guys my polaroid wall in a second i have this lighter for my candle, and then i have these cool iphone lenses that you can attach to your iphone


i haven't really used them too much, and then i have tape melatonin i normally only take this when i like really can't sleep and then i have some pencils and pens to write with of course down here i have alarm clocks that i don't use this one's broken this one. i could use i just stored in here right here, these are what i use to write my giveaway notes with; really any notes that i need to write, i use these. this is my prayer box that i just made with my sister, and i haven't put any prayers in there yet but basically you write prayers you put them in there and they're supposed to you know help you! um and then just some other random junk like my lovely freshman year id photo... yeah, so there's just like really random stuff in here


i don't ever go in there and then right here as you can see i'm very proud of these because i got these bins for like 40 bucks at t.j.maxx and i decided to use them as shelves so basically just get some crates and turn them into shelves i don't know. i have a teen bible, i have a book i'm reading right now, and then i've read these books before but i just like them and i think they're pretty... and then this doesn't like, hold them up, but it's just the eiffel tower and then just a fake plant i got for like $2 again at target on here i got this vintage camera at a garage sale i love garage sales, and then i got this fake flower from the craft store


and then i have this photo booth picture from homecoming and then up here i have this little polaroid thing that you can put polaroids in and i accidentally took the cork out so i just put a q-tip in there it's really pretty and i need to put a polaroid in there um, but right now it's just kind of chilling there this is a polaroid, i got at a garage sale as well... doesn't work, but i think it's really pretty so i have this chillin' here and then another eiffel tower model. so that's basically all i have right here; and then i am working on my polaroid wall this is like my favourite part of my room so yeah basically all of my friends are on here; i really like taking polaroids,


i take my polaroid... everywhere, and i want this to be like, all the way across my wall so that's why this area is empty because i plan for this to go super big and just be filled with polaroids and memories, and i can't wait, but so far this is from fall until now, but i need to order more polaroids so.. there's that. it's a work in progress... i had these little wooden shelves made for me so it's a small one medium one and then the large one is over there and i got to most of these knickknacks from target and t.j.maxx they're kind of mixed everyone asked me where this plant water thing is from i use this every day it works super good and it was 13 bucks at target,


these little teacups were from tj maxx they were like two bucks each... this was a gift; "work hard, stay humble" ...that was a gift from my aunt. um but most of the knickknacks on here are from tj maxx and target, otherwise i got them like at a garage sale so i came up with this we had this handmade as well it's just a piece of wood and these buckets are screwed to them, and i know these look like they're dying but i just put them in and they're coming back to life i promise you all of my plants at before because i went to europe over the summer and i didn't have any one water them so i just put these in put plants in at first normally they tend to they tend to need more water and they're coming back to life i promised guys. i'm not killing these ones again. um so i have succulents right here


i have two little succulents. i want to put more right here these ivys, this is ivy right yeah, and then right here i have my makeup table so yeah this opens and closes i think this is from lowes not entirely sure where this is from but i got this fluffy chair from walmart, and it was $99 so i think that's steal because these are like three hundred with pbteen and then right here i have this little bowl that i got from target i just put all of my everyday makeup in here all of my everyday makeup brushes in here and then this is from tj maxx. this is from tj maxx, too. i just put some jewelry and my glasses in here my perfume and then alexa i use her oh hey, alexa, okay?


bye, and then i use alexa every morning to jam out some music while i'm getting ready this is my mirror that i use to get ready and then this is from my record player hitting my wall too much, so this is my record player i have all my records. just sitting right here. these are all from like the fit oh, i just have them kind of stack tonight these are all from like the 50's and 60's and i'm going to a record shop soon to get some more so i'm very excited about that and then right here. i have my organizing i don't know what you call this makeup bin remember when all the beauty gurus had this and they would do like their makeup collection and this one


i have all of my hair products. i have my curling wands, and then a straightener and this one i just have like some sunglasses watches jewelry here, i have the stuff that is not my everyday makeup and in here. there's just more makeup i this is kind of overflowing so i'm kind of moving it down to here and this is all like college letters and stuff magazines stuff like that and they're in here. i've got like old cds and my record player cleaners these are pillow cases it's just kind of random stuff in this one and then on the bottom one again pretty random


this is from target and these are from target too. they're just golden little hooks they're pretty fragile, so i don't really hang anything from it i could probably hang some jewelry or necklaces if i'm there that'd be cute so right here. this is my chandelier i forget i think it's from lowe's i've always wanted one as a kid and i just think they're so beautiful over here in this corner i have my camera just chilling there, and then this bean bag from pbteen my closet is in here but i'm not going to show you what's in there because? it's very messy, and no i didn't just throw everything that was in my room in there. okay guys. that's ridiculous my room looks like this all the time


i don't know what you're talking about i just have a whole bunch of knickknacks on the wall this says coffee look what that smells like fresh ground heaven spoon me, and then this is a water comes out of here or it could you filled it up with real flowers in water got this from a garage sale got this from target got this from t.j.maxx target aaaaaand so this has a four hour timer on it though it turns on for four hours everyday, and then yeah this is my plans for the week


i don't really use it just because the marker is hard to get off and i normally just use my planner but on here i have just some healthy snack options. i made that list like a year ago, but i don't know it's just on there i haven't really used it too much, but yeah, that is my room so yeah guys this is my room feel a lot closer now you guys know my room actually looks like that's all i have for you guys today don't forget to subscribe and turn on notifications little notification bell so you get notified whenever i upload a video my social medias are down below as well as my pinterest if you want to look at my room inspiration board and stay beautiful stay positive. don't forget to count all your blessings i'm thankful for you guys every single day. thank you for watching it all the way to the end


i love you lots, and i will see you next

Subscribe to receive free email updates: